The Active Windows watermarks is not a problem that can interfere with your daily work. But many users consider it hazardous as it makes your desktop appear less than perfect. However, there are a few handy ways to remove it for good. It appears on the Windows 10 system as a reminder, in case you have not activated your window. You need to purchase a valid Windows 10 product key to remove activate windows watermark.
Here we have shared seven ways to get rid of the watermark and prevent it from the common back.
Remove Activate Windows Watermark Permanently
The easiest way to remove the activate windows watermark permanently is to activate the windows 10 system using an authentic product key. You can purchase this directly from the Microsoft website or from other online stores where it is available. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Windows 10 click start menu.
- Then click on the Cog icon or the Settings option.
- In the search box which comes up, enter activation settings and then press enter.
- In the next window, add the product key in the respective field.
- Click on Activate in the next step.
- The confirmation window that Windows 10 has been activated will come up. It takes some time so wait a bit.
- Once the confirmation comes up, turn off your device and then turn it back on.
- Once your desktop is visible, you will see the watermark is gone.
#1 Use the Ease of Access option to Turn off the Device
Using the ease of access feature for windows 10, the background image gets removed. Automatically, the watermark will also get removed when you opt for this. The following are the steps to activate ease of access:
- Go to the start menu and open the control panel of your device.
- Look for the Ease of Access Centre among all the options under the control panel.
- On the next window, click on the option “make the computer easier to see”.
- Go to the bottom of this screen and then tick on the checkbox beside the option to remove background images where available.
- Save the change by clicking on OK.
- Restart the device and the background will be removed along with the watermark.
#2 Windows Watermark Removal Tool
You can also use a third-party tool which is called the windows watermark removal tool. It has to be downloaded and installed to remove the activated Windows watermark.
- The windows watermark removal tool is free and hence can be downloaded and installed by anyone.
- Once it has been installed, open it and then click on the remove watermark button to disable the watermark.
- You will get a prompt to restart the device.
- Once the devices are restarted, the watermark will not appear anymore.
#3 Using CMD to remove the Watermark
Often the activated windows 10 watermark shows when the test mode is enabled. You can disable the test mode using the CMD and the watermark will be removed too. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on start and then type in CMD in the search bar, then select “Run as Administrator”.
- You can also press Windows+R and then type CMD and hit enter.
- In case there is a prompt from UAC, click on Yes.
- In the CMD window enter the command- set TESTSIGNING OFF and then hit Enter.
- If the steps are followed correctly, a message reading “The operation completed successfully” will appear.
- Restart the device and the watermark is likely to be gone.
The best way to remove the active windows 10 watermark is by installing the windows version for your device and activating it. The problem gets solved permanently that way and you need not compromise the background image either.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have listed all the common questions about how to remove the activate windows watermark from your system. These are likely to address any further doubts that you may have.
Why is the activate windows watermark visible on my screen?
The activate windows watermark appears if it has not been activated. You cannot use certain features like enabling windows defender, changing themes and so on unless the installation for the windows version is completed.
Why do the activate windows watermarks keep coming back?
Often the activate windows 10 watermark keeps coming back after it has been removed. Usually, it happens when you do not activate the windows 10 version and use any other method to temporarily get rid of the watermark. The best way to get rid of the watermark permanently is to activate your windows version. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the start menu and then go to the cog icon.
- Look up the windows activation settings and enter the authentic product key in the respective field and then click on activate.
- Restart the device so the changes take effect.
Why does the active windows watermark appear randomly?
In case your machine loses the activation status, then the activate windows watermark will appear suddenly on the device.
Does the activate windows watermark appear on games too?
If the windows version for your device is not activated, the watermark will appear on every activity you try to do including playing any video games.
What happens if I do not active Windows 10?
If Windows 10 is not activated on your device, your activities will get restricted. You cannot customize the windows features like changing the background, theme and colour settings.