Watching video content is been the primary action people do in their leisure time. Reading content is generally not preferred. A majority of the videos are uploaded on Youtube. Usually, some websites work by embedding videos and providing a little extra information about the content. The concept of embedded videos might be unknown to a majority of users which we have explained in the below sections.
Also, some websites fo have their embedded videos locked up. This is done to prevent the users to watch those videos on any other platform. This prevents copyrighting the content from one platform to another. Users do raise a question of how to download embedded video on the device. To answer this, we have a guide below that will help you out with the methods to download embedded video on your device through different techniques.
What is An Embedded Video?
An embedded video is the one that lets you use the video from any video-streaming platform. The users can have access to a video mentioned on a webpage and can use the video without even closing the current webpage. Clicking on the video link redirects them to the address where the video or the content is hosted from.
To use the videos on other platforms, one can use an option called embedded videos.
Embedding is the process of using a specific video or other content and posting it on either of the video-streaming platforms other than the original platform from where the video was hosted.
Embedded video is basically a snippet of code that you can use to put on your website displaying it as media content. Code is used to cut out the relevant media content from the entire source code. Embedded videos are usually self-hosted and are built upon different web pages such as HTML5 which is the latest version of the HTML language. Through embedding, you can host your favorite videos and other media content to your web pages such as your blogs, articles, etc.
Easy and Free Methods to Download Embedded Video Online:
#1. Download Embedded Videos Directly From Sites
Downloading videos directly from websites can be both handy and stressful at the same time. The websites can sometimes provide you with the services you want, but they can even land you in trouble. Some of these video downloading websites are taken down by the government due to legality issues. To prevent yourself from getting onto these banned websites, you must be aware of the active and working websites that will help you to rip video from a website.
Below we have listed a step-by-step guide instruction set to let you capture video from a website. You can refer to these basic steps and can follow them in their respective order to get the videos directly to your device without any interruption.
#2. Download the Video with Free Video Downloaders
Online downloaders are free web tools that allow users to download videos to watch offline, anytime, and anywhere without using an internet connection. The tools offer fast-performing techniques that let you download the videos within a couple of minutes. The steps to use the online downloader to download embedded video are as follows-
- Visit the video streaming website from where you want to download an embedded video. The website can be any running site such as Youtube, Facebook, Dailymotion, or the ones that stream HD videos.
- Now, get the video you want to download on your device. Just use the search button and search the video based on the name, creator of the content you are looking for. As you get the video you were looking for, just play it.
- Now, you need to get the video’s URL. For websites like Youtube and DailyMotion, just right-click the URL given in the address bar and click on Copy.
- Whereas, on websites like Facebook, you should click on the Share button first, then copy the link or the URL.
- Now, look for a website that allows you to download them. Not every website supports all types of videos and content that you want to download. Also, some of the video download websites are taken down by the government. Search for the “video download website” on google and use the ones that are active. Some of the working websites are –
- The websites have a text field where you need to paste the URL of the video you want to download. Click on the text field, and get the input cursor.
- Now paste the URL into it. Click on Windows+V on Windows and Command + V on MAC to paste it.
- Click on the go button to get the video. The button is located on the right side of the text field. This button will start the processing of the video.
- If the processing is not yet started, enter the URL again and wait for it to get the processing.
- Now, select the quality of the video you want to download and click on the download button next to it.
- Click on the 3 dot icon located on the lower-right side of the video.
- Click the download option again and get your video downloaded to your device.
#3. Download Embedded Videos Using Browser Extensions
A browser extension is software used to customize the browser’s use. It creates small modules that can be accessed directly from the browser’s menu. All you can do is just search for the website or the application you want the extension for, search it on your preferred browser, and add it to your browser as an extension.
Similarly, to download an embedded video, you can use a browser extension to carry this out. Are you aware of the process to save embedded video through browser extension? If not, then we have a guide for you. Refer to the below section and there you will find relevant steps that you must perform to save the embedded video.
#4. Embedded Videos Download Using Online Services
The Internet has a lot many options for users to accomplish their tasks online without having to download any unnecessary software or applications on their device. There are various online services available on the internet that can help you to download video from embed code or download embedded video. You can download decent video quality to get the benefit of watching the videos offline on your device. Here are the steps you should follow for this method. The steps are as follows-
- Use a fetch file to download your favorite embedded video onto your device using a web portal available on the internet.
- You should use the following link to download the fetch file on your device. The link is- https://fetchfile.net/.
- After downloading the file, copy the URL and paste it into the URL section displayed on the screen.
- Once you have pasted the URL, click on the “Download video” option located on the screen.
- Now, from the displayed video quality, choose the relevant screen resolution you want the video to be downloaded.
- After a couple of minutes, the video willbe downloaded on your device and you can enjoy watching it anytime you wish.
#5. Download Videos with Browser Developer Tools
Chrome Developer Tools are a set of combinational web-developing tools built directly into the browser. These tools are a build-up to allow users to make changes in the web pages, diagnose problems, and enhance their appearance in real-time. Users who are non-developers can even use these tools to make the most out of them. They can download the embedded videos using these developer tools. The steps to use this method to get your videos downloaded to your device are as follows-
- Visit the webpage where the video is located. Click on the right side of the webpage to start the process.
- Click on the “Inspect” button and use the relevant shortcut keys. For Mac, use Cmd + Shift + I keys.
- After this, select the Network tab option on the screen and then click on the Media tab.
- The video you want to download will now appear on the screen along will a media file attached with it. The media file can either be of the MP4 format or of the video extension format.
- Now, right-click on the linked video given on the screen and click on the “Copy” option to copy the URL or the link address of that video.
- Now, open a new tab on your browser and paste the copied address on the search bar. After pasting the link, hit the enter button to search.
- After this, click on the “Save video” option just by right-clicking the video.
- Later on, save the particular area to get the video saved to your device.
- Once the video is processed, you can rename your file to make it handier.
- And then, the final step involves clicking on the Save button to save the video, and here you are done!
#6. Download Embedded Video Using Command-Line Program
Another and the last method to download video from the website is using the basic command-line program. You can simply download these videos through the Youtube DL platform. If you haven’t used it before, the platform is worth using. It has extensive features that will let you alter the relevant changes to the webpage easily with just some basic commands. It is more than a browser extension as you need to write suitable commands to make your changes appear.
These command-line programs are way much easier to use and are well-manageable. The platform has numerous security patches that help you to make the changes without compromising your security.
#7. Download An Embedded Video From Any Website:
Downloading embedded videos can sometimes lead to different errors and other problems. You can download some of the videos directly from the website, but to download embedded videos, you may require some special options to get it done. Here we have a list of some of the common methods to make that happen. They are as follows-
- Select the video you want to download on your device.
- Now, visit the platform where your video is located. Right-click on the video to make relevant settings.
- From the right-click menu that appeared on the screen, click on the “save as” option to save the video to your device.
- After clicking on the save button, you now have to specify the location where you want to download the video on your device.
- Now, click on the “Save” option to complete the process and then get the video saved to your device.
#8. Download Videos Using Browser Extensions:
Browser extensions are the other easiest way to download video from embedded code. Downloading a browser extension will help you to get the videos downloaded to your device with just wight a single click. For that, you must know the safest extensions you can use in the process. The 3 best working extensions are- Flash Video Downloader, Video DownloadHelper, and Free Video Downloader.
These extensions support different embedded video sites that can help you to get the video you are looking for.
Here is the step-by-step instruction guide to help you out with the process.
- The first step includes downloading an extension named “Video DownloaderHelper” to your Chrome extension list.
- To get the extension downloaded to your device, use the below links given in this guide.
- For Google Chrome extensions use- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloadhelper/lmjnegcaeklhafolokijcfjliaokphfk?hl=en-US
- For Firefox extension use- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
- This link will redirect you to the homepage of the extension.
- From there, add the “Video DownloaderHelper” extension right away to your browser. For this, click on the Add to Chrome option located right in front of the browser’s name.
- Now, you must restart your web browser for further processing. After this, you will have to play the video you saved on your device.
- For this, click on the Video DownloaderHelper extension, located at the right side of the Chrome browser.
- Now click on the “Quick download” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- This will start downloading the video to your device.
- Wait for it to get downloaded. Once done, play the video and enjoy watching it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it legal to download embedded videos from the Internet?
Can I download an embedded video on my Android?
Yes, the embedded video can be downloaded on every type of Operating System. You can download it on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or any other device you have. The process is system-independent and works perfectly fine for all types of the operating systems. The process to download the video on your Android device can be somewhat different than the ones used for Windows or MAC.
What to do if my video is not playing on the specified location?
Sometimes, the embedded video fails to play on your device due to either of the internal server issues. For this, you should try refreshing the page and try playing it again. Also, you should ensure that no other application is running in the background as it may create a dispute.
Can I get the video using a screen recorder?
Yes, using a screen recorder to capture a video can be the greedy approach you could follow to get the video saved to your device. If neither of the processes works for you, just open the screen recorder and capture your video. Select relevant video and audio options from it. Afterward, play that video in the embedded browser and save it to your device. You can record the video in real-time and play back the video on your PC and save it on your device.
Hopefully, by now you have got your favorite videos downloaded on your device. You can now save them to watch offline anytime anywhere. This will help you in lot more scenarios, especially when you are out of the network coverage area and are unable to get a stable network connection. Mentioned above are some of the easiest and pretty straightforward methods that will assist you to know how to download embedded videos online from any of the websites you want. All the methods are quick and easy to perform. The methods may vary depending upon the OS and the video format you want to get. Use either of them and capture video from websites anytime you want.