The startup manager contributes a major part to computing as it allows us to start the applications instantaneously after starting the device. Startup applications are the best way to monitor the performance of your device. Startup programs are the services that run in the background after the device is booted up. They are convenient for the users who are time conscious and need to perform collective tasks often termed as manifold operations. They are the best source of examining your device’s load capacity and time efficiency as well.
Some applications need to be started as soon as the Windows gets rebooted. All these applications must be added to the startup list so that they can be used at the instant. Having a startup manager helps you to make your device more efficient and to ensure its smooth functioning as well. To achieve this, one must learn how to add a program to the startup window. Here we have a complete guide for the users seeking information to add program to startup windows 10. Read them and execute these methods to enable the startup manager on your device.
What is The Window Startup Folder?
The windows startup folder is a folder used to add programs and applications. All the programs listed in the folder run automatically as soon as Windows get started. It is quite useful as it allows you to start the applications automatically so that you do not have to run them manually each time you start your device. It is an effortless way to manage your startup process.
Adding programs to the startup list makes them quick. It is done by creating the shortcuts to these programs and adding them to the list. It allows us to launch these programs when Windows starts. Whereas, removing the program shortcuts will stop them from launching along with the startup process. Although Windows has now evolved much and got an interesting control panel tool to manage your applications, the windows startup folder persistsersists as the most reliable and effective way to add the program to startup windows 10.
Ways To Add Apps To Startup With Proper Steps?
You can add different applications, programs, or software in your windows 10 add programs to the startup window to make them run automatically. This is used to ensure that some particular programs should run instantly as soon as you start up your device and the programs will be available to use immediately.
If you have regular work with some applications you need to check up on them regularly as soon as you turn on your device. In such situations, you must learn how to add a program to the startup so that you do not need to open them manually before every use. Here we have some basic and simple go-through ways with which you can add startup program windows 10 on your device. Let’s discuss each of these ways in detail.
1. Add Program To Startup Using Task Manager
The first and the easiest way to add the program to startup windows 10 is to use the Task Manager and by launching the program on your device. The process involves some straightforward and basic steps that you can follow. They are as given below-
- Launch the program or the software on your device that you want to add startup program windows 10. You can either double-click on the icon or can open it from the startup menu available on the screen.
- Now, right-click on the start menu, search for the task manager and open it using the Winx menu.
- The task manager can also be opened by making a right-click anywhere on the screen and then selecting Task manager from the drop-down menu available on the screen.
- Once the task manager is opened on the screen, go to the startup tab and right-click on the program or the software that you want to add to the startup main menu.
- From the contextual menu displayed on the screen, click the enable option.
- Your program is now ready to get started immediately as the startup process for your device begins.
2. Add Program To Startup Folder Using Run Command
The alternative way to add startup program windows 10 to your device is by using the Rum command. You need to open the startup folder on your device and then you need to drag the software or the program to this particular folder. The method is pretty straightforward and you need to follow the steps given below-
- Right-click on the start menu button on your screen.
- From the menu displayed, click on the Run option and you will see a tiny window is opening up on the screen.
- The run window can also be opened up using a shortcut. For this, just press the Windows and R button on your screen and it will be opened.
- In the Run window displayed on the screen, type shell: startup and click on “OK”.
- This command will open the startup command on your device.
- Open the run command once more and type shell: apps folder in the command box.
- Click on the Ok button and now open the modern apps folder on your device.
- From the apps folder, you need to select the application or the program you want to add the program to startup windows 10.
- Select the application and drag it to the startup folder on your device.
- The apps dragged into the startup folder will now launch automatically as soon as your device gets started.
- You can use them just after opening your device.
3. Add Excel or Word File to Startup In Windows 10
You can add various programs and other applications the way you can add Microsoft excel and other programs. Here’s how you can do things in your Startup windows-
- Right-click on the file that you want to add into your startup window and create a shortcut for that file.
- Click on the “create shortcut” option from the menu available on the screen.
- Now open the run command and type shell: startup and then click on OK to launch the startup folder instantly.
- Once you have created the shortcut, just drag them to the startup folder, and you are done.
Drawbacks of Having Too Many On The List?
As already mentioned above, you can have multiple preferred applications on your startup list that may help to ease your work. But it has a limitation too. Having a large number of applications added to your startup list can have an adverse effect on the performance of your PC. It may get degraded as you increase the number of applications on the list increases. Some of the common drawbacks of having too many applications add programs to startup windows 10 are as follows-
Deteriorated PC Performance
The first and the major drawback of adding too many programs to your startup list is experiencing the lower performance of your PC. When multiple programs startup together, they cause the PC to work at a slower pace. This means that your PC will consume more time than expected.
Large Storage Space Occupied
The other most affected area is the storage space. Small and easy applications load easily, but the applications of larger size consume extra storage space and the processor power to load. This may cause your device to hang and the applications would not be usable at the moment.
This is the most common issue that the users face while going through a startup process. Since you have a longer list of the applications on Windows 10 to add the program to the startup, the device will take a longer duration to be active. It ends up taking more power that causes overheating of your device. This overheating may damage the internal parts ending up in a huge loss.
Your PC may lack this feature if you add too many programs to the startup list. When the applications and the startup process take up more time, the device loses its responsiveness and shows some delay in its functioning. Thus all the operations performed on the device will not be instant and will be performed after a time delay which is not appreciated.
Not every software is compatible enough to get started with other applications. This process may consume too much time and even more power. Thus, the application will not be compatible with each other. And your startup application will not perform the way they were expected to be.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What all programs can I add the program to startup windows 10?
You can have various programs and applications added to your startup menu. It entirely depends upon the users for what all programs they need to add the program to startup windows 10. Some of the must-have programs in your startup list that may be effective in results are as follows-
- Adobe Reader
- Google chrome
- iTunes Helper
- Spotify web helper
- Microsoft office
- CyberLink YouCam
- Evernote Clipper
- Quick Time and many more
Yes, once you have set the applications in the startup list, you can alter the settings as well. You can reset the list and can remove all the unwanted applications from the list. Here’s how you can do this-
- You can simply make it done by deleting the shortcuts you have created in the start-up folder. For this, you will require an administrative privilege to do so.
- Alternatively, you can disable the programs using the settings of your startup menu.
- Also, it can be achieved by deleting the startup configurations within the task manager. Viewing the entire list of applications enable in the startup folder.
- Select the ones you want to remove and start disabling them one by one.
3. Are there any setup managers available for Windows 10?
Yes, there are multiple startup manager programs that let you use your space effectively. Moreover, these tools help to reboot your device and allow it to respond properly and accurately. Here are some of the best startup programs available for the user.
- Advanced system optimizer
- Startup control panel
- Startup delayers
- WinPatrol and many more
This software is smart enough to manage your device itself. They can actually reduce your workload to half and can boot your device within its system. You must try them when needed.
4. How to manage startup apps on my Windows 10 device?
To manage the startup apps on your device, you just need to follow the basic steps mentioned below. You can perform them simultaneously to view its after-effects.
- Launch the Task manager on your device. You can do it by clicking on the taskbar and then selecting the option from the pop-up list.
- Check the information displayed in the task manager. If it only shows the list of currently used programs, click on the more details option to get a detailed version of the information. This will open up a long list including all the tabs and applications of your device.
- Select the one that has Startup written at its front.
- You can see a list of all the applications inside the Startup tab. The selected apps will have an enabled sign mentioned over their name while the inactive ones will have a disabled sign.
- Examine the list closely and select all applications you need to have in your startup list. Remove all the unwanted applications to manage your startup applications efficiently.
The windows startup folder is the best and the easiest way to get your hand with the programs or applications you use more often. This has both advantages and disadvantages to your device. Using the applications can sometimes make your task easier and on the other hand, can make your device work at a slower pace. It’s all up to you whether you want to have a particular application on your startup program or not.
There are some applications that may elevate efficiency and may improve your device’s functioning at the same time. Managing the device depends on the individual or how they want to use it. Hopefully, this guide has helped you to add the startup program windows 10 on your device. You can follow the above methods to accomplish your task. If you have any more queries, feel free to drop them.